Monday, April 12, 2010

Apr 15 launch to give India its GPS - The Times of India

Apr 15 launch to give India its GPS - The Times of India

Now Cryogenic rocket was news, no doubt. I remember, a few years ago, when Russia, under pressure from US, backed out on the deal to provide Cryogenic rocket technology to India. Indian scientists response was something I can never forget. They said 'We will make our own, but getting the technology would help us save time.' If I am not mistaken, former President of India, Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam was head of the scientific community in those days.

Coming to point, I was indeed excited to know about the launch of Cryogenic rocket, but didn't know India was developing GPS system of it's own. That is even more exciting. I look forward to successful launch. My best wishes and prayers go with Indian scientists.

No comments: