Friday, July 14, 2006

BBC NEWS | Americas | Police patrolling Sao Paulo buses

BBC NEWS | Americas | Police patrolling Sao Paulo buses

Editors and Publishers of Reader's Digest must have really lost it when they surveyed 35 Cities in the world to find the one that is least courteous.

Sao Paulo? Well I will be delighted to know that when I am there, my vehicle will be stopped, POLITELY, and I will be asked to leave my vehicle, POLITELY, and they torche my vehicle, POLITELY and they say 'Thank You for your co-operation' before the run off.

Mumbai is feninitely not coureous because the person who wants to help you does ask your permission saying, 'May I help you?' and the person caught in the ruble of a junk that was left by a bomb explosion, does not say 'PLEASE would like to help me as I have just lost a leg and I am severly bleeding'

What is the courtsey business all about? Do the mugger in New York city say 'Thank You' when they rob you?

Do the sales person behind the counter, in city of Zurich, go the full nine yard (literally, if you were visiting some Saree shop in Mumbai) to show you the mechandise, not caring if it converts to sale or not.

In fact it is indeed very rude to compare cities and it's resident's on such cultural grounds. It is indeed out right racism.

I still don't understand how can Reader's Digest can blunder in such a fashion and worst is, have not even issued a public statement / press release apoligising and withdrawing such ridiculouse, racist, highly biased and totally unscientific and unnecessary survey.

God give them the strength to accept the mistake and take responsibility.

No comments: